The Council intends to seek external funding for a Living Over The Shops scheme, where eligible property owners and tenants will be offered selective grant assistance for eligible works to renovate and repurpose a vacant or underutilised upper floor space within commercial areas for conversion to residential use.
The grant scheme will fund both interior and exterior improvements to the premises. This may include works such as:
- Installation of kitchen and bathroom facilities
- External and internal painting
- Access improvements (with Building Control Consent)
- Improved security features
- Electrics and lighting
- Installation / upgrade heating system
The Council were asking local businesses to express their interest in the scheme to inform an application for funding, which closed on 12 May 2023.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Regeneration Team T. 028 9034 0000 or E. firstname.lastname@example.org