Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council, in partnership with Mid & East Antrim Borough Council and Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, has launched an innovative programme to help local businesses win more business tenders.
Programme Aims and Content
The FREE programme aims to support the growth of small and micro businesses, providing them with the knowledge and skill to expand in the area of procurement and tender opportunities, increasing competitiveness and helping to create new employment opportunities within the Council areas.
Participating companies can avail of:
- 1 Introductory workshop - this ½ day session will provide an insight into the public procurement process, private sector supply chains, good tender practice and how to avoid common pitfalls. (Conducted remotely until further notice).
- 1-to-1 mentoring - where participants learn practical tendering skills e.g. how to register and navigate tender portals, bid library development, tender road mapping, review of previous submissions, support with a live bid etc. (Conducted remotely until further notice).
- A series of specialist workshops (various topics and dates available to be conducted remotely until further notice).
Participants will also be invited to attend online Buyer Briefing sessions. These will replace the planned Meet the Buyer events which have had to be postponed until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specialist Workshop: Buy-Supply NI: Opportunities with major companies in NI
Tuesday 19 October 2021, 5pm
Virtual – Register Here
Bidding for Public & Private Contracts: Process & Best Practice
Tuesday 9th November 2021, 9am
Virtual – Register Here
Specialist Workshop: How procurement works in the Education Sector – NI & ROI
Tuesday 30th November 2021, 3.30pm
Virtual – registration link to follow
To register or for more information E. tom@email@example.com or T. 07884 200648
Note: Due to Government social restrictions, all workshops will be held remotely until further notice. Workshop times to be confirmed closer to the time. Please check with organisers.
Businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Have a registered business address located within one of the participating Council areas;
- Be an SME (including social enterprises) employing less than 50 employees;
- Be actively trading for a minimum of 12 months and not receiving any similar assistance from elsewhere;
- Not be an Invest NI client (or be able to demonstrate the approval of their Invest NI Client Executive to participate on the programme); and,
- Ability to create jobs and are operating in markets where there are viable tender opportunities relevant to their business services in the UK and beyond.
180 places are available, but with almost 13,400 VAT-registered businesses registered across the three council regions, places are very limited and interest is already high. For more information and to register for the workshops, please contact Tom Brennan on 07884 200648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme is funded through the participating Councils, Invest NI and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth and Jobs (Northern Ireland 2014-2020) Programme (EUIGJ) Local Economic Development Measure.