This Photography competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
1. By entering the competition, you warrant to Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
2. All Entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 5 September 2021 (‘Closing Date’).
3. The Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom, and also to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom provided that they able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
4. Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition.
5. Employees of Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council, their relatives or any agents or employees are not eligible to enter the Competition.
6. Entries should be submitted in a high-resolution format. Images which are not high resolution may be discounted from the competition. Entries should be submitted by the Closing Date (5 September 2021) and in the manner set out in these conditions. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
7. Entrants must specify if they are “Amateur” or “Professional” in their competition entry. Entrants may not enter photographs in both categories.
8. Entrants may submit photographs under both themes – ‘Our People’ and ‘Our Place’. A maximum of three photographs should be submitted per theme.
9. Prize-winners will be selected and notified by email following a judging process. A selection of shortlisted photographs will be displayed in an exhibition, and the final selection of photographs will be shared on Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, asking people to like their favourite photo. The photo with the most “likes” will be selected as our winner.
10. Prizes will be awarded to both categories, Our People and Our Place, as follows:
£500 – first prize for Professional Photographers
£500 – first prize for Amateur Photographers
£300 – second prize for Amateur Photographers
£100 – third prize for Amateur Photographers
11. By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council shall consider appropriate. By submitting your entry, you represent and warrant to Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council, with the intention that Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council shall rely on such representation and warranty, that each of your Entries is original, and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other person or legal entity, to license to Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council shall include your irrevocable permission to Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council to use, reproduce, publish, and display your entry for such purposes as Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council shall think fit without restriction.
12. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council in accordance with data protection legislation.
13. All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name in connection with any Entry which is published in any form in any media.