This information is changing frequently, please contact the office directly for the most up to date information firstname.lastname@example.org / 028 90 340179 / 02894 481315
Following guidance from the NI Executive, marriages can take place under the following restrictions:
If you are planning a civil marriage at an outside location, the venue must be approved. Currently, Antrim Castle Gardens and Sentry Hill have the facility to accommodate a ceremony. A separate hire fee will be payable to them.
We have other non-council venues in the borough which are approved for civil ceremonies (click here to view), however, you need to contact them directly to check availability of the facility. If you would like a Registrar to conduct a ceremony at any of the above locations, please contact the office to check availability.
- You can have a civil marriage / civil partnership indoors (such as in registration offices or approved venues) with six people in attendance (this includes the couple, two witnesses and the officiant).
- A civil marriage / civil partnership can take place in the person’s home, in a hospital or at a registration office if one of the parties is terminally ill with six people in attendance (this includes the couple, two witnesses and the Registrar/ Humanist Celebrant).
- A civil marriage / civil partnership can take place outdoors with thirty people in attendance (this includes the couple, two witnesses and the Registrar/ Humanist Celebrant) as long the location has been licensed by the council as an approved place. Couples will need to contact the registration office in the district the marriage is to take place in order to discuss the suitability of the location for the marriage and the action that may be required.
- NOTE: In all instances outlined above social distancing rules must be adhered to.
- Please contact the Registration Office on T. 028 90 340179 or E. email@example.com to discuss your arrangements.
We can only accept marriage notices by email or post at this time.
Please scan and email your original completed marriage notice forms, along full birth certificates and passports and if applicable other accompanying documentation to E. firstname.lastname@example.org or by post (a photocopy of birth certificate and passport is acceptable under these circumstances).
The fee payable can be by card via telephone or cheque.
Please contact the office for fee details.
Please call the Registration Office on T. 028 90 340179 ot T. 028 94 481315 should you wish to discuss your marriage or obtain further information.