This workshop is free to anyone from the Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough and is part of the Optimal Programme of Support.
Business is hard; this past year has been even tougher than normal. But whilst your business has faced unprecedented challenges, you’ve also adapted to survive and keep going.
If you have less than 50 full-time employees and are based within Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council area, the Optimal business growth programme offers support through mentoring, workshops and networking.
As part of the Optimal programme of support we are offering a series of free workshops.
This workshop will include the main steps to recruiting, engaging and retaining staff to include;
• Consideration of the financial implications
• Writing up a job description, specification and then the job advert
• Consideration of where you will advertise? Online…social media…traditional… newspaper etc
• Get ready to interview…where…when…..write questions….
• Check references and Follow up with unsuccessful candidates
• Induction on 1st day… it’s important to set the right tone
• The contract of employment
• Ongoing monitoring of performance during probation period
• Post probation period
This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme.