Business is hard; this past year has been even tougher than normal. But whilst your business has faced unprecedented challenges, you’ve also adapted to survive and keep going. And we want to support you. If you have less than 50 full-time employees and are based within Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council area, the Optimal business growth programme offers support through mentoring, workshops and networking. This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme.
The Optimal programme is for small and medium sized businesses and social enterprises within the Borough.
What is the Optimal programme about?
- Supporting the creation of new, sustainable jobs in Antrim & Newtownabbey;
- Helping businesses recover from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, supporting them to sustain existing jobs;
- Referring businesses to Invest NI for financial support;
- Strengthening the local business base by helping businesses become more competitive in home and export markets;
- Promoting business growth and innovation;
- Providing accessible, tailored business support;
- Promoting networking between businesses within the Borough;
- Engaging with key business support stakeholders to develop a portfolio approach to business support in the council area, ensuring that there is no duplication of effort.
How Can Mentoring Help My Business?
Mentors are available right now to help your business or social enterprise. They are selected based on your business needs to enable them to share the advice, skills and knowledge that’s right for you. Mentoring isn’t the same as training – instead of learning the theory of what works, a mentor will meet with you (virtually or in person) with specialist knowledge to work with you and your business. They bring their experience from a range of specialisms such as digital, export, marketing, finance or HR and governance.
How Will Mentoring Take Place?
Mentors can arrange sessions flexibly around you so you can focus on growing your business while you work. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, mentoring will initially be virtual, so it’s more convenient than ever to fit into doing business. If and when restrictions change, you will have the option to switch to face-to-face meetings, stick with virtual or a combination of both – whatever you’re comfortable with.
Similarly, our series of business workshops will offer learning across 6 different areas: digital, export, social enterprise, sales, general and sustainability. These will also take place virtually at this stage, but will still be interactive and engaging. You don’t have to take part in the mentoring programme to attend these workshops, so you can still benefit from guidance and advice with the added benefit of networking with other local business owners who are facing the same challenges as you. Where possible, you’ll be signposted to other organisations that can support you too; whether that’s Council support, Invest NI, your local Enterprise Agency, college or other partners who can help.
The Optimal Programme is part-funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland Programme.
7 June 2022, 10am - 12.30pm
Social Media Ads Workshop for Business Owners - the Do's and the Don'ts.
14 June 2022, 10am - 12.30pm
Emerging Social Media Trends and Introducing them into your Business.
Who Can Apply?
Small to medium sized businesses or social enterprises with less than 50 full-time employees and a registered business address in the Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council area.
How To Apply
The Optimal programme is now open for new applications – just complete the form below and click submit for someone from our Economic Development team to get in contact with you.
|Is your business a social enterprise?:|
If not available please estimate.
|Please select a business category (Tick up to 2 options):|
|Specialist Assistance you are interested in (Tick up to 2 options):|
|Do you wish to join the Council business directory to be kept informed about other funding and business support services?:|
Terms and Conditions
- This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme.
- Support will be dependent on the sustainability or growth potential of the business.
- Mentoring is allocated on a per business basis.
- All mentoring must be completed before the programme end date.
- Only mentors approved by Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council will be used in the mentoring process.
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council will not accept liability for advice given by independent advisers.
To discuss support for your business and the Optimal programme, contact Sara Thompson on T. 07799 533 876
For information on privacy please click here