Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council are proud to have changing places facilities at multiple venues including Antrim Castle Gardens, Antrim Forum, Gateway Centre Antrim and Valley Leisure Centre.
People with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well people with other physical disabilities such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy and multiple sclerosis often need extra equipment and space to allow them to use the toilets safely and comfortably. These needs are met by Changing Places toilets.
Changing Places Toilets have the following :
• A height adjustable, adult sized changing bench
• A tracking hoist system
• Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers
• A centrally placed toilet with space either side for the carers
• A screen or curtain to allow the disabled person and carer some privacy
• Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
• A large waste bin for disposable pads
• A non-slip floor
• Shower/floor drain
Without Changing Places toilets, the person with disabilities is put at risk, and families are forced to risk their own health and safety by changing their loved one on a toilet floor. This is dangerous, unhygienic and undignified. Providing these toilets in public places make a dramatic difference to the lives of thousands of people who desperately need these facilities.
We have the following Council Changing Places Facilities available:
Antrim Castle Gardens
Gateway Centre Antrim
Valley Leisure Centre
Accessibility and Inclusion Officer
Antrim Civic Centre Office, 50 Stiles Way, Antrim, BT41 2UB
Tel: 028 9446 3113 ext 31020
Key To Map