• Accessibility Options

Building Control Application

Any building works, structural alterations or a change of use require a Building Control Application:
  • Full Plans
  • Building Notice
If work has already been completed  without the submission of a Full Plans or Building Notice application, this work is called unauthorised work, and a Regularisation is legally required.

Apply Online

Guidance Notes

Building Regulations are necessary to ensure that an acceptable standard of construction is achieved to protect the health and safety of people in and around buildings and also to regulate access to buildings and apply energy conservation regulations.

Guidance Notes, (available as a MS Word document) on all application types are available in the Useful Downloads below

Full Plans
  • Apply by downloading the Building Control Application form 

Building Notice

If you want to carry out minor works to your home, ie. removal of internal walls, replacement boiler, loft & wall insulation etc.
  • Not to be used if you have already completed the work.
  • The majority of works require a statutory Building Control Fee, see the statutory fee calculator below for Building Notice applications
  • Apply online or by downloading the Building Control Application form at the bottom of this page.


You will require this if you have completed work without a Building Control notice.
  • The application can be used for work completed to domestic (homes) and commercial properties.
  • The majority of works require a statutory Building Control Fee, see the statutory fee calculator below for Regularisation applications.
  • Apply online or by downloading the Building Control Application form at the bottom of this page.

Online Statutory Fee Calculator

Use the online statutory fee calculator to work out the statutory fees for the relevant applications above. This tool is available on the Building Control NI website: http://buildingcontrolfees.tascomi.com/


Pre Consultations

This is a service for agents and applicants who would like to discuss their projects prior to submission.  An appointment is required for this service, please contact the building control office to make an appointment.

Useful Downloads


Sign up for Updates

Sign up to hear the latest news and event information from Antrim and Newtownabbey Council.