• Accessibility Options


Report flooding on roads, burst water mains and blocked drains:

Call Flood Incident Line
T. 0300 2000 100

(This number operates 24hrs a day.)

Report flooding on roads, burst water mains and blocked drains:

Call Flood Incident Line T. 0300 2000 100

(This number operates 24hrs a day.)

Advice for Residents

The public should report any incidents of flooding to the Flood Incident Line T. 0300 2000 100. This number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You don't have to decide which organisation you need to ring and you don’t have to contact the Rivers Agency, Roads Service or NI Water - this will be done for you.

When you ring, a member of staff will take all your details and contact the appropriate agency on your behalf. You can also call this number if you need sandbags to protect your property.

This is a non emergency number but if anyone is in real danger then the emergency services should be contacted on 999.

If you are having problems with your electricity, please contact the NIE Customer Helpline on 0345 7643 643 

To help you to be prepared if flooding occurs, you can download this template Household Flood Plan which will give you practical guidance on steps you can take before, during and after a flood incident.

Home Insurance
Flood Re is a flood re-insurance scheme set up to help households who live in a flood risk area find affordable Home Insurance.  For further information and advice on Flood Re, visit www.floodre.co.uk/homeowner/.

For advice on how to take care of your home before, during and after a flood event click here

Sandbag Locations:

When the Council has been alerted to the possibility of an increased risk of flooding, a quantity of sandbags may be made available for the public to collect from the following locations on a self-help basis.

  • Mossley Mill  (Outside normal hours ask Security for access)

  • Ballyearl Leisure Centre

  • Valley Leisure Centre 

  • Whiteabbey Village Car Park

  • Ballyclare Carpark, The Square, Ballyclare

  • Environmental Services Depot, Newpark, Antrim

  • Tesco, Crumlin

  • Toome House, Toomebridge

  • Neillsbrook Community Centre, Randalstown

  • Castle Mall Carpark, Antrim

The public are encouraged to be proactive and make arrangements to protect themselves and their properties in anticipation of flooding.

Sandbags can also be purchased from appropriate hardware suppliers and DIY stores.

For further information on making emergency household preparations, see our Emergency Preparedness Information.

Useful Downloads


Related Links:

Check the Risk of Flooding in Your Area (NI Direct website)
Flooding Advice (NI Direct website)
Sewer, Property & Garden Flooding (NI Direct website)
Homeowner Flood Protection Grant Scheme (DfI website)

Sign up for Updates

Sign up to hear the latest news and event information from Antrim and Newtownabbey Council.