Each Year Council will award two bursaries of £1,000 each, to young volunteers who play an active role in a group in the Borough. The Council will offer a further two bursaries of £1,000 each to the groups that the young people volunteer with.
To be eligible to apply applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Under 21 years of age on 1 January 2019.
- Live at a permanent address within the Borough.
- Never have previously received a bursary from Council for any reason.
- Work as a volunteer in a group that services the needs of those living in the Borough.
All applicants to this category must ensure they have the approval of their group to make the application.
Applicants to the Young Volunteer Bursary will be assessed, scored and ranked against the following criteria.
The eligibility of applicants and scores against the criteria 2-6 will be assessed by Council of cers.
The six highest scoring applicants will then be invited to meet the assessment panel for an informal chat about what they do as a volunteer and why it is important to them.The nal assessment panel will
- Chair: Mrs Joan Christie (or a nominee)
- Council’s Head of Community Planning
- Council’s Community Planning & Tackling Deprivation Manager
- Chair of the Community Planning Committee (or a nominee)
Each application will be scored against the above criteria and on their meeting with the Panel and the two highest scoring applicants will each be awarded a young volunteering bursary of £1,000 with their groups also to receive a bursary of £1,000.
Closes 16 September 2019
Sharing the Benefits of the Bursary:
In return for the investment it is anticipated that the recipients should undertake the following over the course of the 12 month period:
- Find ways to encourage and support others to volunteer
- Provide a short written report to Council on how both the individual and group bursaries have been used, how they have personally benefitted in their development and how it has been used it to the benefit of others; and
- Be available to attend at least one Council event to present on how the bursary has been of benefit.
By submitting this form you consent to Antrim and Newtownabbey Council contacting you in relation to this enquiry.
For details on how we use your information please view our GDPR section.