We encourage residents to consider donating suitable items such as furniture, which are in good condition, to local charities to help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
Where this is not possible we offer a Bulk Collection Service.
Please note: If your collection will take more than 15 minutes to complete, e.g. due to quantity, location and accessibility of the items, there may be a charge for collection, subject to assessment.
What we will collect:
We will collect most bulky household items , although for some items conditions or restrictions may apply. For example:
- Kitchen units - intact kitchen carcasses are preferred. Any dismantled units must be broken up, bundled and tied. Full kitchens will not be collected.
- Kitchen worktops and cornicing - must be broken down into lengths of 4ft or less.
- Greenhouses - glass must be removed. Sections must be broken down into lengths of 4ft or less.
- Wooden fence panels and dismantled sheds - must be broken down into lengths of 4ft or less. Nails and screws must be removed or hammered in.
- Window frames - glass must be removed. Sections must be broken down and bundled into lengths of 4ft or less.
- Doors - glass must be removed.
- Baths - fibreglass, tin or steel baths can be collected as one complete unit. Due to their weight, cast iron baths must be broken up.
- Shower units - glass must be removed.
- Fridges / Freezers - must be empty
- Mattresses - must be covered to prevent them becoming water logged.
- Sofas, soft furnishings etc - must be covered to prevent them becoming water logged.
There may be restrictions on the size of some household waste materials that can be collected due to health and safety reasons and/or available resources.
What we will not collect:
- Waste which is not bulky and could be placed in your household bin
- Glass, plasterboard or asbestos
- Building materials
- Oil tanks
- Commercial items
How to present items
Items must be left for collection outside, in an easily accessible location e.g. to the front, side or rear of the property and free from possible safety hazards.
Items will not be collected from inside the dwelling, garage, shed or outbuildings.
Please ensure that ONLY the items you have listed for collection, are presented at the specified location.